Loggia Palace – Ex Town Hall

Because of its ground floor portico the building is known as “Palazzo della Loggia” and hosts the municipal police and the Pro Cittadella organization. In 1816, it was remodelled in compliance with the neoclassical canons of the architect Carlo Barera. Among the elements that date back to the
pre-existing building, there is a notable frieze that runs along the ground floor portico, showing the Podestà crests and a 15th century bas-relief of the lion of St. Mark that had been hidden during the napoleonic era and was found recently inside a wall of the palace

Altri monumenti